- Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo, Japan Ph.D. Applied Marine Bioscience (2008)
- Tokyo University of Fisheries, Tokyo, Japan M.Sc. Food Science and Technology (2005)
- Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand B.Sc. (Honors) Food Technology (2002)
- Protein chemistry and processing
- Phase transition of food components and its stability
- Refrigeration for food and biomaterials
- Higher education research
Selected Awards and Accolades
- Young Scientist Award in the 2nd International Conference on Food Properties (iCFP2016)
- Outstanding research paper entitled “Color and thermal stability of myoglobin in the presence of sodium chloride” in the 2nd International Conference on Food Properties (iCFP2016)
Selected Professional Services and Memberships:
- Member, Food Science and Technology Association of Thailand (FoSTAT)
- Member, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE)
- Editorial Board, Rangsit University Journal of Engineering and Technology
- Editorial Board, Mahasarakham International Journal of Engineering Technology (MIJET)
- Tamaki, R., Kawai, K., Viriyarattanasak, C., Kimizuka, N., & Suzuki, T. 2005. Crystallization and equilibrium melting temperatures from binary lipid mixture, Japan Journal of Food Engineering, 6, 253-258.
- Kimizuka, N., Viriyarattanasak, C., & Suzuki, T. 2006. Relationship between ice nucleation temperature of aqueous solution and enthalpy of ice melting, Cryobiology and Cryotechnology, 52, 7-9.
- Viriyarattanasak, C., Watanabe, M., & Suzuki T. 2007. Analysis of metmyoglobin formation rates in frozen tuna meat during frozen storage. Transactions of the Japan Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers, 24, 227-233.
- Kimizuka, N., Viriyarattanasak, C., & Suzuki, T. 2008. Ice nucleation and supercooling behavior of polymer aqueous solutions, Cryobiology, 56, 80-87.
- Ohkuma, C., Kawai, K., Viriyarattanasak, C., Mahawanich, T., Tantratian, S., Takai R., & Suzuki, T. 2008. Glass transition properties of frozen and freeze-dried surimi products: Effects of sugar and moisture on the glass transition temperature, Food Hydrocolloids, 22, 255-262.
- Viriyarattanasak, C., Watanabe, M., & Suzuki T. 2008. What is the Actual Low-Temperature Glass Transition for Fish Flesh?, Transactions of the Japan Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers, 25, 47-53.
- Viriyarattanasak, C., Matsukawa, S., Hamada-Sato, N., Watanabe, M., & Suzuki, T. 2008. Quantitative measurement of metmyoglobin in tuna flesh via electron paramagnetic resonance, Food Chemistry, 111, 1050-1056.
- Hempattarasuwan, P., Viriyarattanasak, C., Matsukawa, S., Watanabe, M., & Suzuki, T. 2010. Electron paramagnetic resonance study of metmyoglobin and nonheme iron formation in frozen tuna meats, Japan Journal of Food Engineering, 11, 133-138.
- Viriyarattanasak, C., Hamada-Sato, N., Watanabe, M., Kajiwara, K., & Suzuki, T. 2011. Equations for spectrophotometric determination of relative concentration of myoglobin derivatives in aqueous tuna meat extracts, Food Chemistry, 127, 656-661.
- Kawai, K., Fukami, K., Thanatuksorn, P., Viriyarattanasak, C., & Kajiwara, K. 2011. Effects of moisture content, molecular weight, and crystallinity on the glass transition temperature of inulin, Carbohydrate Polymer, 83, 934-939.
- Takehana, M., Viriyarattanasak, C., Kajiwara, K., & Kanno, H. 2011. Non-existence of the linear relation between TH (homogeneous nucleation temperature) and Tm (melting temperature) for aqueous H2SO4 solution, Chemical Physics Letters, 504, 34-36.
- Ngamkala, P., Uthaijunyawong, T., Ai-Tang, R., Viriyarattanasak, C., & Siriwatanayotin, S. 2015. Kinetic study on the thermal denaturation of protein in yellowfin tuna meat. Journal of Food Science and Agricultural Technology, 1(1), 31-35.
- Viriyarattanasak, C., Shiro, M., Munekawa, S., Franks, F., Ikeda, S., & Kajiwara, K. 2015. Dehydration of raffinose pentahydrate: structurs of raffinose 5-, 4.433-, 4.289- and 4.127-hydrate at 93K, Acta Crystallographica Section C, C71, 954-958.
- Kawai, K., Takato, S., Ueda, M., Ohnishi, N., Viriyarattanasak, C., & Kajiwara, K. 2016. Effects of fatty acid and emulsifier on the complex formation and in vitro digestibility of gelatinized potato starch, International Journal of Food Properties, in print.
- Uthaijunyawong, T., Siriwatanayotin, S. Viriyarattanasak, C., & Tangwarodomnukun V. 2016. Laser cleaning performance and PAHs formation in the removal of roasting marinade stain. Food and Bioproducts Processing, in submission.
Tel.: +668 8022 4385