- B.Eng. (Food Engineering, 2nd Class Honors), Kasetsart University (2002)
- M.Eng. (Food Engineering), King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (2004)
- Ph.D. (Biological Systems Engineering), University of California, Davis (2011)
Advanced Food Processing (e.g. PEF, Ohmic heating), Extraction and characterization of Bioactive Compounds from Biological Materials, Nondestructive measurement, Problem Solving in Food Industry
Selected Awards and Accolades
- Distinguished Paper Award, 5th International Conference on Innovations in Food and Bioprocess Technology (IFBT), Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand. (2010)
- 12th Thai Scholar Innovation in USA and Canada Award, The Office of Educational Affairs, Royal Thai Embassy, Washington DC, USA. (2010)
- Royal Thai Government Scholarship, Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand. (2005-2010)
- First Place Winner, Non-thermal Processing Division Graduate Student Paper Competition (Title: Frequency Effect of Pulsed Electric Fields on Onion Tissue Integrity), Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting, July 17-20, Chicago, Illinois. (2010)
- Bor Luh Memorial Scholarship, Food Science & Technology Department, UC Davis. (2007-2009)
- IFT Graduate Scholarship 2008-2009, The Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists (PhD) (2008)
- 2007 Little Bang Business Plan Competition Winner (ProGo Team – Food for Health and Wellness Category), UC Davis Connect, UC Davis. (2007)
Selected Professional License and Memberships
- License for Professional Practice (Associate Mechanical Engineer), Council of Engineers, Thailand. (2003 – present)
- Life member, Food Science and Technology Association of Thailand (FoSTAT), Thailand. (2011 – present)
- Member, International Society of Food Engineering (ISFE), USA. (2006 – present)
- Professional member, Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), USA. (2005 – present)
- Member, Council of Engineers, Thailand. (2003 – present)
Refereed international papers
- Asavasanti, S., Lawthienchai, N., Tongprasan, T., Tangduangdee, C., & Yasurin, P. 2017. Effect of extraction methods on antibacterial activity and chemical composition of Chinese chives (Allium tuberosum Rottl. ex Spreng) extract, KMUTNB: International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 10, In press.
- Lawthienchai, N., Asavasanti, S., Tongprasan, T., & Yasurin, P. 2016. Chemical profile and bioactivity of chinese chives (Allium tuberosum Rottl. ex Spreng) crude extracts under different solvent extractions. International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research, In press.
- Chiaranairungroj, M., Nopharatana, M., Nopharatana, A. and Asavasanti, S. 2014. Development of an Oscillating Drum Granulator Prototype for Cassava Pearl. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 619, pp. 145-149.
- Commins, T., Asavasanti, S., Deloire, A. 2012. What is tropical wine and what defines it? Thailand as a case study. Asian Journal of Food and Agro-Industry, 5 (2), pp. 79-95.
- Asavasanti, S., Stroeve, P., Barrett, D. M., Jernstedt, J. A., and Ristenpart, W. D. 2012. Enhanced Electroporation in Plant Tissues via Low Frequency Pulsed Electric Fields: Influence of Cytoplasmic Streaming. Biotechnology Progress. 28 (2), pp. 445-453.
- Asavasanti, S., Stroeve, P., Barrett, D. M., Jernstedt, J. A. and Ristenpart, W. D. 2012. Enhanced electroporation in plant tissues via low frequency pulsed electric fields: Influence of cytoplasmic streaming. Biotechnology Progress. doi: 10.1002/btpr.1507
- Asavasanti, S., Ristenpart, W., Stroeve, P., and Barrett, D. 2011. Permeabilization of Plant Tissues by Monopolar Pulsed Electric Fields: Effect of Frequency. Journal of Food Science. 76(1): E98–111.
- Asavasanti, S., Ersus, S., Ristenpart, W., Stroeve, P., and Barrett, D. 2010. Critical Electric Field Strengths of Onion Tissues Treated by Pulsed Electric Fields. Journal of Food Science. 75(7): E433–43.
- Asavasanti, S., Nopharatana, A., and Nopharatana, M. 2005. Wet Granulation: A New Approach to Cassava Pearl Production. Food and Beverage Asia Magazine, June/July 2005, pp. 34-38.
Tel.: +66 2 470 9249 Fax: +66 2 470 9240